My mind likes to tell me…
- Something is missing in this moment
- There’s something wrong
- It’s time to panic
- I’ll never figure things out
- I can’t be happy until x, y, and z
- I’m not good enough
- The future is something to fear
- The past is something to hold on to
- The present is something to avoid
My mind likes to tell me all those things and so much more.
I used to take it seriously. I used to let its words dictate my every emotion. But now I’m learning to listen to my mind and just…laugh. Because my mind is like a perpetually paranoid and overdramatic friend. It’s not trying to hurt me – it’s actually doing its best to protect me – but usually it has no idea what the hell it’s talking about. So I listen, breathe, and laugh….